GMP is seeking a Field Piping Designer for outage work lasting 6 to 8 months in Central Alabama. The Field Piping Designer works closely with the Project Manager, Field Engineering, Operations and Maintenance on multiple projects, to coordinate the development of projects from inception to completion. Candidate should be detail-oriented, reliable, creative team player to assist senior designers and engineers or lead in-field evaluations of piping systems and piping specialty items and developing 2D hand-sketches and 2D AutoCAD drawings of piping work packages.
The primary responsibilities of the Field Piping Designer shall include:
- Field evaluation and measurements of existing piping systems
- Draft 2D piping plans & elevations and based 3D piping isometric & spool drawings
- Application of Client and Industry standards and specifications
- Review drawings produced by others
- Drive to develop business applications for emerging technologies
- Assist in developing piping specialty item specification criteria
- Two-year college drafting degree or technical schooling with emphasis on CADD design.
- Minimum 3 years of relevant level of drafting and design experience with some project coordination experience.
- Prefer strong plant and / or pipeline related design experience.
- Relevant level of CADD experience, with recent AutoCAD experience.
The statements above are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed for this classification. Statements are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all duties, responsibilities and skills required for this position.
If you are interested in this position, please fill out our Employment Application and email it to email@example.com along with your resume.