Kenney has more than 30 years of experience related to the design and build of industrial chemical manufacturing facility projects, projects to execute complex cross-functional corporate initiatives, and projects to navigate and execute acquisitions/divestitures and subsequent transitions. He has expertise in manufacturing projects including all phases of engineering, project planning, functional coordination, procurement, and construction. Mr. McNabb is also proficient with industrial control systems, automation, and integration of plant floor to business systems. He has performed owner due diligence evaluations of acquisition targets, corporate restructuring for industrial automation modernization, and forensic analysis of contractor performance. Moreover, he is experienced with the selection of appropriate contracting strategies, contract development (project, engineering, procurement, construction, transition services, continuing services), contract administration, claim analysis, risk prioritization, constructability, turnover and commissioning. Facets of this work include contract analysis, control estimates, unit price and lump sum estimates, cost variance analysis, rigorous change order management, overhead and indirect cost analysis, and the evaluation of bid error claims.
Kenney has lived and worked in five countries on four continents and was personally involved in the planning, execution, contract negotiation, and resolution of project problems. He has been involved with projects ranging in size from small plant-support improvements to world-scale international facilities, both wholly owned and joint venture. Mr. McNabb oversaw project management for a Fortune 300 chemical company in the Asia Pacific region. He also became skillful at facilitating interaction among owner, contractor and subcontractor teams, and normalized executive expectations. Mr. McNabb has been called upon to coach contractors through difficult labor situations for the benefit of the project at hand, and has firsthand experience in the U.S., Mexico, Spain, Argentina, and China quantitatively analyzing cost, damage, and schedule claims for chemical plant design and construction, both concurrently with execution and forensically. In addition, he has expertise negotiating settlements of cost, damages, and schedule claims as part of day-to-day project management, to close out projects.
- Designing & Building Industrial Chemical Manufacturing Facilities
- Executing Complex Cross-functional Corporate Initiatives
- Navigating & Executing Acquisitions / Divestitures and Subsequent Transitions
- Process Control & Automation
Education / Training:
- BS, Electrical Engineering, University of Tennessee
- MBA, Duke University
Selected Project Experience:
- Testifying expert witness, $600M paper mill project dispute, USA
- Expert witness for LNG project dispute, Asia
- Expert witness for $100M paper mill expansion, USA
- Establishment of E&C Office in China overseeing projects in SE Asia
- Lived and worked in Spain, Argentina, Mexico, and China.
- Plant Maintenance Workforce Restructuring, TN