Steven has worked as a developer and modeling consultant for process simulation companies JSD Simulation Services / SimSci (Aspen/SP), HyproTech (Hysim & Hysys), AspenTech (Aspen Plus), Dot Products, and OLI Systems.
Along the way he has been a simulation expert and process engineer at Amoco Chemical, The M.W. Kellogg Co., Abengoa Bioenergy New Technologies, Gevo Inc., Sundrop Fuels, Chief Ethanol, and Ford, Bacon & Davis / S&B Engineers.
Steven widened his experiences by taking forays into the financial world at various times to work at Goldman Sachs, Merrill Lynch, HSBC Securities, and Société Générale to make use of his technical computing skills in the financial markets.
- Process Modeling using Aspen Plus Toolsets
- Physical Property Generation and Utilization
- Renewable Diesel Production
- Biomass Pyrolysis and Gasification
- Steam Methane Reforming for Syngas and H2
- Fischer-Tropsch GTL Processes
- Corn Starch and Cellulosic Fermentation
- Methanol Synthesis
Education / Training:
- BS, Chemical Engineering, Queens University
- MS, Chemical Engineering, Queens University
Selected Project Experience:
- Equipment Retrofit Evaluations, TX + LA
- Syngas / H2, LA
- Isobutanol / SAF, MN
- Renewable Diesel / Naphtha, KS
- Renewable Diesel / Naphtha / LPG, LA
Affiliations / Certifications / Licenses / Registrations:
- AIChE Senior Member